Join the Historic Preservation Board
Join the Historic Preservation Board! To apply, read all the position information on this page, and submit your application, resume, and a letter of interest.
- Deadline: August 2, 2017; will remain open until positions are filled.
- Applications will be reviewed by the nominating committee. Selected applicants will be contacted to schedule an interview. Applicant interviews are generally held sometime after 6:30 pm during the next available Historic Preservation Board meeting at City Hall.
- Apply online now (resume/letter will need to be in PDF format to upload)
- Or, download the printable application: return it, along with your resume and letter, to Greg Thompson, Planning & Building Dept., 1290 S. Public Rd., Lafayette, CO 80026 (fax: 303-665-2153).
The Historic Preservation Board advises the City Council in matters relating to historically significant structures and properties in the community. The board organizes walking tours, promotes local history, and develops architectural surveys. The Board reviews and refers nominations for historic landmark designation to the City Council and promotes historic preservation.
- The seven members serve four-year terms. There are two alternate positions.
- Meetings are held on the first Monday of the month at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers at City Hall.
Desired Qualifications or Interests
Candidates should have a genuine interest in Lafayette and professional and personal experience in one or more of the following areas: architecture, history, historic preservation, archaeology, planning, anthropology, building trades, real estate or law; however, lack of professional experience should not deter citizens from applying.
Contact Staff Liaison
For more information, contact Greg Thompson, Senior Planner (phone: 303-661-1265).
Requirements & Duties
- Resident of Lafayette for at least 12 months (prior to appointment)
- Registered voter
- Attend scheduled meetings
- May be required to attend other meetings or volunteer at special events to promote work of the committee.
About the Process
The City of Lafayette posts candidate applications (with personal information redacted) online after the deadline for a position has passed. Full applications and supplemental documents (such as resumes) are available from the City Clerk according to the Colorado Open Records Act.
View redacted applications for recently closed positions (as available)