Computer Lab & Equipment
- Using the Computer Lab: What You Need to Know
- Located in the Computer Lab on the Lobby level behind the circulation desk.
- Available for users of any age; users must adhere to Internet Policy and Acceptable Use Guidelines.
- All Colorado residents must obtain their own computer-only or borrowing card; out-of-state residents may ask for a guest pass.
- Staff and volunteers can provide basic help with computer, e-reader, and other tech issues. View Computer Coach hours | Use online skill-building and test prep resources
- Additional computers for children and teens only are located on the top level in the Children's Area and Teen Zone.
- Stay Tuned: In early 2017, iPads will be available for use anywhere in the Library.
- To print, add money to your Library card at any service desk. B/W prints: 10 cents/page; Color prints: 25 cents/page.
- To scan, you may use either the scan station or the copy machine in the Lobby-level Computer Lab. Scanning with either machine is free.
- To make copies, use the copy machine in the Lobby-level Computer Lab. Copies are 10 cents/page.
- NO FAX MACHINE (ask staff for other locations with this service)
- Flash drives for saving work are available for purchase for $2.50
- Enlarger for magnifying printed reading material (upstairs near vending machine)
- Nook ereaders, pre-loaded with ebooks, available for checkout (on display in the Lobby)
- Microfilm reader (located in the Nonfiction area in the Archives: ask staff for assistance)
- Vending machine with drinks and snacks (top level near magazines)
- Use your own device; no password required.
- Connect to Lafayette Public Library Guest; launch browser window; accept terms and conditions.
- LPL does not provide security or virus protection.
- LPL is not responsible for damages due to incorrect or insufficient security or virus protection settings.
- A laptop and device charging counter is located on the top level near the vending machine.
Wireless printing is available from your own computer or mobile device.
- B/W prints: 10 cents/page; Color prints: 25 cents/page.
- Send your documents to a printer: 1st Floor (IP 192.168.1.100) or 2nd Floor ( IP 192.168.1.200)
- Pay for and pick up your prints from the staff person at the service desk on the level with the printer you selected.
- Get help with wireless printing