Adopt a Park Program
Parks protect valuable natural resources and provide a haven for recreation, relaxation, and reflection. Help us maintain out treasured spaces. Adopt a Park is a volunteer program for families, neighborhood groups, schools, companies, and other organizations.
Staff hopes to place an adopting party with one of their requested properties. However, due to the popularity of this program, some sites may not be immediately available in which case a party may be placed on a waitlist.
Adopt a Park Guidelines:
- Upon acceptance, your group will coordinate with City staff to establish a work plan.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older or be accompanied by an adult sponsor.
- Participating groups may be recognized with a sign posted at the site. This will be determined on a case by case basis.
- Your group shall participate in projects including litter removal, wildlife habitat construction, weed control and trail maintenance, as approved by City staff.
- Due to the popularity of the program, all sponsorships expire on December 31 of each year regardless of when the sponsorship began. Renewing sponsors will have a two-year limit; meaning, at the end of your one-year term, you may adopt for another year. After that point, if no organization is waiting to adopt the site, you may adopt a site on a year by year basis.
Interested? Please complete our online application today!