Need help preparing and filing your taxes? Every year qualified AARP volunteers are available to help prepare and electronically file taxes by appointment, at no charge. Appointments fill up very quickly.
- Appointments are required, and are available from February 7 - April 11 on Wednesdays from 10 am until 4:30 pm.
- Make your appointment online at http://cotaxaide.org/appt
- Location: Lafayette Public Library, Lower Level Meeting Room
- What to Bring:
- Photo ID (required) Social Security Cards for anyone listed on the tax return (required)
- All income statements (W2, 1099s, SSAs, Brokerage Statements, etc.)
- Medical information including insurance information. Information for deductions (mortgage interest, property tax, gifts to charities, etc.)
If you do not have online access, you may contact Library staff at 303-661-1163, or 303-665-5200 (option 2) or stop by the upper level Adult Services desk.
For more information, including tax forms and IRS service locations, visit our Tax Information page.