The City of Lafayette has been awarded a $15,000 Environmental Sustainability Matching Grant from Boulder County. This grant program is intended to help leverage community resources for a coordinated, countywide approach to environmental sustainability.
Funding from this grant will be used to
- Re-activate Lafayette recipients who were issued free MyRide passes in July 2017 in order to expand ridership and usage.
- Host customized “How-to- Ride RTD” trainings using apps and on-line tools.
- Increase transit ridership for low income population with special trainings in Spanish and MyRide card giveaways.
- Focus on the Arapahoe JUMP route with incentives to reduce congestion.
- Create a community Engagement Plan for Lafayette's Greenhouse Gas Reduction and 100% Renewable Energy Roadmap. Because community-wide systemic changes will be required to achieve this goal, requiring resident participation and stakeholder education will be key.
The Lafayette Energy Sustainability Advisory Committee was responsible for this successful grant application, and will administer the associated activities.