Qigong is a system of gentle exercises that use breathing, meditation and movement to cultivate life energy. Practicing Qigong will help you increase vitality and enhance your well-being by learning to consciously circulate energy through your body. With the practice of Qigong you will be able to release stress, reduce pain and improve your self-awareness. Anyone can learn these exercises, regardless of age or health condition.
- Calming the mind and body to allow healing.
- Strengthening muscles through simple postures and movements helps to prevent falls.
- Moving with flowing motions and gentle weight bearing helps balance and can positively impact bone density.
- Achieving a relaxed state of mind through Qigong reduces stress.
- The exercises help to promote balance through your body with helps all of the body’s systems work better.
- Qigong can help prevent and reduce the tendency to move less as physical limitations are developed
- To benefit from Qigong you do not have to be fit, you don’t have to be flexible.
- The exercises can help you achieve a peaceful state that comes from the moving flowing meditative aspects of Qigong
- The movements are fairly easy to learn and allows access to everyone
- The exercises can be modified for almost anyone with patience that wants to learn.
Classes will meet each Tuesday from 10-11AM at the Bob L Burger Recreation Center (grassy area outside of the Fitness Room) starting May 22. Each class session runs for 6 weeks. Please wear comfortable clothing to class. Classes in each session will build upon each other to enable you to progress in the practice of Qigong.